Mill Valley Community Center, in southern Marin County, California offers an exciting range of activities and programs for all age groups and interests. The Community Center also provides an excellent range of venues suited to all varieties of events, from weddings and birthdays, to theater screenings and lectures, to workshops and seminars, and anything else you may want to host, and. The award winning Community Center is a warm, friendly place, open to not just Mill Valley residents, but all who may care to take advantage of its excellent facilities, services, and venues.
The Mill Valley Community Center comprises two buildings, one with a vast reception hall, smaller rooms for various activities and events, a dance studio, and a commercial kitchen. The other building has the swimming pool, waterslide, Jacuzzi spa and has fitness facilities, an adjacent room for poolside parties, and an outdoor patio.
The Community Center's parks and grounds include a golf course, tennis courts, green fields for sports like soccer and baseball among others, and extensive parks for playing and picnics. The Community Garden welcomes all who would like to participate in the enjoyable and fulfilling pastime of gardening – a relaxing and healthful workout in beautiful surroundings, especially in the great California climate enjoyed by Mill Valley!
You can rent the Community Center’s various venues to host all your special events, choosing the one that fits your needs:
· Cascade Room – An impressively proportioned hall lined with tall windows to the vistas outside, it seats 285 for a banquet and 400 for a theater assembly, has an 8’ x 20’ stage, hardwood floors, air conditioning, access to high-speed Internet and phone lines, built-in sound system and attached commercial kitchen.
· Terrace Lounge – For smaller gatherings of 30 to 60 people at receptions, classes and lectures, this pleasant carpeted room is full of natural light and has comfortable seating for a relaxed ambience, and has a sink and counter space.
· Forest Room – A first-floor room, opening out to the lawn, it is great for get-togethers, talks and classes for 30 to 50 guests. With a vinyl-covered floor and a sink and counter space.
· Manzanita Room – A delightful room for intimate groups of 18 to 25, this carpeted room with French windows giving access to the lawn, is ideal for classes or meetings.
· Tamalpais Room – A conference room on the second floor, with a carpeted floor, a round wood table seating 12, conference phone and high-speed Internet access, a white board, and sink and counter space.
· Mountain View – Mid-sized, with the panorama of Mount Tamalpais from a series of wide windows, this second floor hall accommodates 45 persons for sit-down dining and 80 for theater seating, and has high-speed Internet access.
· Teen Zone – For parties of 50-65 youngsters, two rooms on the second floor – a game room and a lounge, with air hockey, football and pool tables.
· Aerobics and Dance Studio – This lovely room with a sprung hardwood floor can host 64 people. It has a built-in sound system, mirrored walls and dance bar. Sorry, no food or drink allowed here.
· Poolside – Indoor pool with retractable roof, and adjoining room with kitchen for poolside parties.
· Golf Clubhouse – Luxuriously designed and fitted, for seats about 90 for dining, or 125 for theater seating, indoors only.